TrsRockin Sex Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrsRockin Sex Party

Hallelujah, Yuku is dead.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) Empty
PostSubject: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 11:01 pm

Aight y'all, let me spin you a yarn before we get into this. I am a massive Sailor Moon fan - I've been a fan of this series ever since I was but a small Dan. I dunno what it is - there's just something about this series that always brings me back to it.

I've also been needing a new big game to show off after hanging around Pokemon rom hacks for so long. I've decided to postpone Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for this because even though I like that game too, it's a massive undertaking - not helped by the fact I'm doing two playthroughs of it at the same time. (That and well, I haven't fixed its screenshots as of this chapter.)

My answer? Sailor Moon Another Story.

You see, unlike most other games made under the Sailor Moon license, Another Story is the only one that has a real plot and is the only RPG under the series' belt, funnily enough.

It was developed by Angel in 1995, but it was only released in Japan. Thankfully, a team called Bishoujo Senshi Translations released an English patch of the game that I'm using for the Let's Play.

Another Story takes place after season 3 of the anime (Sailor Moon Super) and involves all the past villains coming back to life via magic time travel bullcrap. It's a charming little game that has a few unique mechanics and, despite some janky plot elements, a memorable story. I'll talk about it more as the game plays out.

Time to kick some ass in the name of the Moon!

Chapter #1 - Her Destiny
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:18 am

Never fear, the citizens of Tokyo - a group of magical teenagers in sailor uniforms will save the day.

... Saying that out loud makes me realize just how weird the magical girl genre is as a whole, but that's also probably why I love it.

Chapter #2-1 - Looming Threat
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Last edited by Galaxite Omega on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:19 am

Chapter #2-2 - Looming Threat II

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:21 am

Between real life and making my own game in RPG Maker, let's plays are easily the least difficult thing for me to do now.

Chapter #3 - Nightmare in Dream Land

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:21 am

I find it incredibly amusing that the chapter with the ice dungeon gets put up now of all days. That said, Merry Christmas, guys.

I wouldn't quite call Mercury's solo chapter a Christmas miracle, though.

Chapter #4 - Ice Ice, Baby

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:23 am

I adore that the sub-chapters with the different Sailor Senshi are small enough to not require multiple parts.

Also oh snap I just realized this is the first LP chapter I've put up in 2018.

Chapter #5 - Passionate Heart

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:24 am

Learning how to drive sure is nervewracking, but heck if it isn't exciting. That said, time to get these poor LPs out of retirement.

Jupiter's chapter has an odd storyline and that's all I'll say right off the bat.

Chapter #6 - Oak Evolution

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 1:59 am

"Let's take these let's plays out of retirement" he says as he enters college. Effin' hell.

This might also be the second time my computer's broken in the three years I've been doing let's plays, so there's that too.

Doesn't help that I have plans for a vanilla playthrough of Pokemon Emerald after this or even during this... oops, was that too much? Oh well. I have no consistent plans for let's playing anymore, I just do what interests me the most and see what sticks.

In all seriousness though, this should be about it for the Senshi subchapters. The chapters after this should get the plot moving for real.

Chapter #7 - Light of Love and Justice

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 12:53 pm

Ooof, time to get into some rough waters. Not gameplay-wise, thankfully.

Chapter #8 - Family Troubles I

Spoiler:

Last edited by Galaxite Omega on Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:50 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 1:17 am

Chapter #8 - Family Troubles II

Spoiler:

Last edited by Galaxite Omega on Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 4:07 pm

Do I even have Halloween stuff planned for this year? Probably not. It might just be more of this and Pokemon Emerald.

Speaking of which, Sailor Moon and pals might get into some real trouble today. Don't take my word for it, just see for yourself in...

Chapter #9 - A Timeless Grudge

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:15 pm

Just gonna warn you right off the bat, this is when the game starts getting really tough.

Chapter #10 - Black Moon Rising I

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 6:10 pm

Chapter #10-2 - Black Moon Rising II

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 11:29 pm

Wow, Thanksgiving turkeys sure have the strength to revitalize you after dealing with school all November.

... And just in time too, because we're gonna need all the energy we can get for this chapter.

Chapter #11 - A Moon to the Past

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 2:36 pm

The end of the game is fast approaching. I promise to finish this before Trickster Online takes over my life (for the third time in a row, actually)

Chapter #12 - Prelude to Destruction

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)   Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5) Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Play Sailor Moon: Another Story! (LP #5)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next