TrsRockin Sex Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrsRockin Sex Party

Hallelujah, Yuku is dead.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) Empty
PostSubject: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 11:01 pm

It was a day like any other...

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is part of a spinoff series of Final Fantasy that involves overhead tactical RPG combat instead of the regular turn-based type. Believe it or not, Advance is the second entry in the series as the first Tactics was released on the Playstation in 1997 - which, much like Symphony of the Night for Castlevania, is a PS1 classic. You see, I had originally found my copy of FFTA in a chance encounter at the local gamestop before they stopped selling GBA games.

I had no knowledge of the original Tactics at the time and simply picked Advance up to expand my library of games. Personally, I don't regret my decision because it was actually a really fun game even if the story and the world got on my nerves at times. That said, it's not fair to compare Advance to the original Tactics because as much as I like this game, there's a vast difference in how they tell their stories and how they handle gameplay in general. (You know, on top of not being directly related) 

Much like Aria of Sorrow, FFTA has a sequel game called Final Fantasy Tactics A2 that... well, we'll burn that bridge when we get to it. It's a good thing I've figured out how to do DS emulation, because I can't wait to get to them. For now though, let's focus on the game we already have and dive into the world of Ivalice - where we mess around with high-fantasy races, break the world and get scolded by some armored dude on a giant yellow [s]cock[/s] chicken.

Chapter 1 - Snow Dancing in the Schoolyard
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:55 am

It's a whole new world and things are going to get steamy. I'll admit, I took my time because I was getting every portrait in the game so I wouldn't have to do it later.

This chapter will have a ton of meat regarding mechanics and dialogue - FFTA is a big game and I'm amazed they stuffed in as much as they did... but for now, we have an adventure to go on.

Chapter 2 - Into the Fantasy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:56 am

Chapter 2-2 - Into the Fantasy II

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:57 am

Well, would you look at that? The timelines are starting to diverge thanks to how I'm tackling this series. To specify on how different things are going to be:

Normal Timeline chapters are primarily the regular story bits and worldbuilding. Marche is nicer and the team isn't uber-super-broken, much to my everlasting dismay. There's more of an emphasis on Combos and the game is generally played out without much optimization - I just go on through.

Super Optimized Timeline chapters feature less story, recaps bits we've already seen and only covers new stuff if it's on the way. Instead, the emphasis is placed more on how to break the game and the secret hidden shit that lies within. Marche is more of a power-hungry asshole thanks to the decisions he'll be making and the team will be (more-or-less) completely optimized with all sorts of fancy weapons we shouldn't have... either because it's too early or just because using them should be classified as war crimes.

Both cover the entire length of the game, including the bonus missions. Due to how things work, even chapters themselves will be split into multiple parts... with parts themselves generally being shorter than normal (3-1 is only 86 screenshots compared to the normal 100+, for example) to compensate.

With that said, it's time to cause shenanigans.

Chapter 3-1 (Normal Timeline) - Antipyretic

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:58 am

The descent begins.

Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) 1296395800201

Chapter 3-2 (Super-Optimized Timeline) - Gathering Allies

(4th chapter overall)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:59 am

I was originally a bit nervous about doing two separate runs of the same game, but I think I've got things figured out now.

Chapter 4 (Normal) - Painful Battles

(5th chapter overall)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 6:00 am

Sometimes I regret playing big games because that means a lot of my time will be devoted to that one. Oh well, at least I like FFTA.

Chapter 5 (Normal) - Bell of Victory

(6th chapter overall)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 6:01 am

When I break title naming conventions you know shit is gonna get real. Today's feature presentation is...

Chapter 6 (Normal) - Famfrit, the Cloud of Darkness

(7th chapter overall)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 6:02 am

Yeah, given the nature of the Super Optimized timeline, it only makes sense to cover them as abridged versions of normal chapters. I mean if we've seen all of this stuff already we might as well blast through it.

Chapter 4-6 (Super Optimized) - Companions that Surpassed their Tribe

(8th chapter overall)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 6:03 am

Between playing Pokemon Moon, thinking up Fakemon ideas and juggling that with trying to get a job... It's amazing that I even have the time to do let's plays anymore.

Chapter 7 (Normal) - Law Card

(9th chapter overall)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 6:04 am

Yikes. Looks like I had a good break, but it's time to get back to work.

A lot of things happened in the span of the last months or so, and I've decided that I'm going to do two let's plays back to back (this and Dark Rising 2) because of how they're formatted. See, there's a thing I don't want to spoil that me and my friend are doing for DR2 that involves their help, so to help wait for that I'm doing some more FFTA in the down time.

Plus, I want to give this series the proper finishing off it deserves.

Chapter 8 (Normal) - Ultima, the High Seraph

(10th chapter overall)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 6:04 am

Oh lord we got to this part.

Chapter 9 (Normal) - Unavoidable Destiny

(11th chapter overall)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 6:05 am

Well then. I have nothing to say for the opening bit, so just have this instead:

Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) 1446178901-tumblr-nq5uqtzybb1tx1of8o2-r1-500

Chapter 10 (Normal) - Adrammelech, the Wroth

(12th chapter overall)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 6:06 am

Whoa... It's been so long that I've actually forgotten what happens in this let's play. Speeding through all of May with eight(!!) chapters of Dark Rising 2 can do that to a man. 

It doesn't help that I haven't actually played ahead due to all of the focus being on the other one... but that's soon going to change considering the workload we have for DR2 Chapter 14. Yeah, don't expect that one to come out soon.

... Instead, have a lot of FFTA.

Chapter #7-10 (Super Optimized) - Fast Forward

(13th chapter overall)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 6:06 am

*cracks knuckles*

Well then. Never a boring day in Ivalice, huh?

Chapter #11 (Normal) - Beyond the Wasteland

(14th chapter overall)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)   Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???) Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! (LP #???)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next