TrsRockin Sex Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrsRockin Sex Party

Hallelujah, Yuku is dead.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  Empty
PostSubject: Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)    Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 11:12 am

Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  ZGZ4cqp

Oooof, we're going ultra ambitious from here, folks. Say hello to Trickster Online. 

This is the most apt departure from any video game I've ever covered for a let's play in that it is an MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game for the uninitiated), a genre I am actually not fond of barring this one game. Trickster was originally released in Korea during 2003 of all things and developed by Ntreev Soft - the US didn't get this game until 2007.

Normally, this would be a horrible choice for a let's play (even in video format) because games of these types pride themselves on never being able to end. That, and you'd have to grind to infinity if you want to make any decent progress - which if you know me, is a cardinal sin against fun.

That said, Trickster Online has many positives and an attractive artstyle (that, even at its weakest, is still alright) that makes the game worth playing. 

The plot of Trickster is that the late Don Cavalier has organized a contest on Caballa Island and he's invited people from all over to compete for the prize - his fortune. It gets deeper than that, of course, but that'd be spoiler territory.

An unfortunate thing is that all the official Trickster servers were shut down in 2014... but a community of lovely people have kept the game going and even made improvements on the old system! (Aka. the version I'm playing today.)

I hope you're all prepared because this is gonna be the biggest Let's Play for a long time! Let's break it down in...

Chapter #1 - Heart of Embers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)    Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 1:39 am

... Not gonna lie, I was expecting this to get much more hectic and unbearable but I actually like to play and record Trickster more than even some other games.

Fancy that.

Chapter #2-1 - You Call This A Paradise?!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)    Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 2:13 am

Chapter #2-2 - You Call This A Paradise?! Part B

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)    Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Let's finish off the rest of the Desert Beach quests and make some headway, yeah?

Chapter #3-1 - Going to the Big City

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)    Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 12:44 pm

Chapter #3-2 - Going to the Big City Part B

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)    Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 9:09 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if uploading these chapters gets more long-winded in the future, but oh well.

Chapter #4 - The Power of Fluffy Boys

Spoiler:

Last edited by Galaxite Omega on Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)    Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 4:13 pm

We're playing with power today, folks. 

Chapter #5 - Relic Hunt

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)    Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 5:04 pm

*claps hands together* 

I've got a few surprises in store for this one.

(Also this is technically the end of the first arc of the LP - this is how I organize the parts I want to read for later and keep track of how much we've grown)

Chapter #6 - Doom of Pharaoh

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)    Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 12:41 am

Man, even I'm astonished at my luck this chapter. 

(Might as well get these out of the way before Real Life(tm) starts knocking at my door.)

Chapter #7-1 - Heart of the Cards I

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)    Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 10:15 pm

Chapter #7-2 - Heart of the Cards II

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)    Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 10:49 pm

This chapter is proof that I'm probably blessed with some real RNG magic cause whoof.

Chapter #8 - Out of Body Experience

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)    Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Play Trickster Online! (LP #9)
Page 1 of 1