TrsRockin Sex Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrsRockin Sex Party

Hallelujah, Yuku is dead.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokemon FireRed: Expanded Edition progress

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AntipathicZora
Her Imperious Condescension
AntipathicZora

Pokemon FireRed: Expanded Edition progress Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon FireRed: Expanded Edition progress   Pokemon FireRed: Expanded Edition progress EmptySun May 22, 2016 12:26 pm

So, as just about all of you know, my adventures in learning how to romhack have led me to creating a sort of 'expanded' FireRed hack in which I will add new maps, replace and re-type the gym leaders and update the encounter tables for every location to include all 721 Pokemon somehow. This includes entirely new areas and dungeons for every legendary, post-game trainers to beat a la Steven in Emerald, rewritten dialogue, and even some changed music.

My progress so far:

-- Managed to alter the encounter tables for about half the game, this is very tedious and so I didn't screenshot it
-- Also unable to be screenshotted: The fact that I was able to change the champion theme to Megalovania, and it actually sounds pretty good.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This, however, is pretty impressive in itself. Not pictured: her completely customized team.

I am so sorry, anyone who doesn't like using Fairy types or legendaries.

At this point, I hadn't managed to change overworld sprites yet. But I did manage to change the dialogue to match the character this is supposed to be.

I hadn't gone in to edit trainer teams and names yet either, but meet our first Elite Four member! He is A Ponce. Character is courtesy of my good buddy Kat.

And our Lance replacement! I had gone in and fucked with teams before I took this screenshot, so she has her proper name and everything. She is, of course, credit to my lovely fiancee Sable.

There's no real point to these screenshots but I mostly just love writing the dialogue for the rival replacement.

And finally, it's not perfect but I did get custom overworlds working. Unfortunately this is what I think broke the ROM wrt maps, which was a major setback and put me back to just after I had modified the music.

But that setback doesn't really matter. It just teaches me that I need to do things in a particular order or else I'll break something.

So, that's what this thread is for. I can document my progress here so that if I end up with another major setback, it'll all be archived so I can rebuild easily.
Back to top Go down
http://antipathiczora.tumblr.com/
AntipathicZora
AntipathicZora

Pokemon FireRed: Expanded Edition progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon FireRed: Expanded Edition progress   Pokemon FireRed: Expanded Edition progress EmptySun May 22, 2016 1:23 pm

Well, since I'm here, I may as well update on my current map progress. I have about 4 new ones done out of the many I have planned.

First off, this little new section of Viridian Forest! Now what could be hiding in that cave there.

Sometimes the tilesets you want to use don't quite go together the way you had hoped. But me? I refuse to let my dreams just be dreams. This one's a mostly-complete WIP.
Back to top Go down
http://antipathiczora.tumblr.com/

Pokemon FireRed: Expanded Edition progress
Page 1 of 1