TrsRockin Sex Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrsRockin Sex Party

Hallelujah, Yuku is dead.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Halloween LPs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Halloween LPs Empty
PostSubject: Halloween LPs   Halloween LPs EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:32 am

You know, Halloween is pretty much my favorite holiday. It's not even necessarily about the candy, though that's a major plus thanks to my sweet tooth. The main reason I love it so much is because I'm an absolute sap for spooks and creepy shit, if my adoration of zombie movies and the supernatural are of any indication.

I've done romps through Halloween hacks before, as evidenced by my playthrough of this unnamed FireRed hack (by Neko Jams) during the Pokemon Snakewood let's play (Which, by the way, it's been an entire year since I've started doing let's plays - holy shit time flies). Halloween hacks tend to get my seal of approval (you know, as long as they're made well), so I was pondering what to do for this year's spook session.

Halloween LPs 1mqoU2THalloween LPs VdgupGh

Enter The Haunt, a Super Mario World hack made in 2008 by Kc1336 for a Halloween Level Contest. It only has one level along with secrets and two different endings. It came in first place for level design and second for "scary" factor, so if that incredibly gloomy title screen is of any indication, you know we're in for a good time.

Now, unlike other hacks like Radiation / Toby Fox's infamous Halloween Hack or even H.S's technically superior Hallow's End (Which are both Earthbound-related, by the way), The Haunt is relatively obscure. I didn't even know it existed until I checked "super mario world halloween hack" on Youtube, and the only results with a decent amount of exposure were all in different languages. I singled out The Haunt because it had the most interesting design of the hacks I saw and, well, I just had to go and play it for myself.

Granted, Halloween isn't going to start until a month from now... But really, you have to prepare in advance to get the most out of this stuff. Let's go six feet under.

Halloween Special 2016 - The Haunt
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Halloween LPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween LPs   Halloween LPs EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:34 am

Halloween LPs 9k32USh

(Halloween Special 2016)

Really, this one speaks for itself.

Say hello to Monster Party, a unique game in the NES's lineup that's primarily remembered for its bizarre nature and what it could have had. Monster Party is interesting in that it tries to be a tribute to B-horror and movie monsters in general while delivering its own unique charm. I mean, just look at this box art. 

Halloween LPs Monster_Party_Box

Not only is this great art, but it sets the tone of what we're getting into. Since I've already kicked off the spook season with The Haunt, I feel it would be a perfect time to play this - on top of reliving some of my memories from like 2007 or so because I discovered Monster Party via Trsrockin Rose's retro game reviews and just thinking about that time really takes me back.

Without further ado, let's do the monster mash. Hit it!

Halloween LPs 9e82686857fb580fce5a254d172714375a878cba_r

Chapter 1 - Into the World of Monsters
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Halloween LPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween LPs   Halloween LPs EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:36 am

The spirit of Halloween is strong with this game. Halloween LPs Wooooplz

(Halloween Special 2016)

Chapter 2 (Finale) - Batting Down Heaven's Door

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Halloween LPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween LPs   Halloween LPs EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:37 am

(Halloween Special 2017)

Now this is a bit of a departure from my normal fare. 

KAIMA is an RPG Maker VX Ace game made by NomnomNami that deals with the world ending and how that affects the people that live on it. So you know, that'll be fun. 

I don't remember when I first learned about it, but it's a charming little game that caught my attention with its cute artstyle and interesting plot despite its amazingly brief length.

This is also the start of the 2017 LP Halloween-a-thon, but we won't be seeing real Halloween stuff until later. You guys are still in for a treat, though.

You can download KAIMA here. Show them some love, yeah?

Chapter #1 - A Tragic Existence

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Halloween LPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween LPs   Halloween LPs EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:38 am

I love the little bite-sized games the most because I can push them out faster.

(Halloween Special 2017)

Chapter #2 - Fate in Our Hands (Finale)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Halloween LPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween LPs   Halloween LPs EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:40 am

Halloween LPs XUFwwC2

[Couldn't find an OST for this so just have the title theme's name: "Moody"]

We're really pulling out the obscure titles for this year's Halloween, sheesh.

This little gem is Halloween Flop, a game made by Racheal and MakioKuta in RPG Maker VX Ace for a contest. 

It's much like KAIMA in that it's a super brief game with a charming art style, but it's far less serious and it has more of that traditional Halloween spirit. I do find it strange how both of these games magically showed up on my doorstep, but I'm going to chalk that up to fate. 

It has an interesting battle system and some wacky humor, but it's also the lightest game we'll be having in the marathon. Make of that as you will.

You can download Halloween Flop for yourself here. With that said, let's get this doozy started:

2017 Halloween Special #2 - Far From A Flop

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Halloween LPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween LPs   Halloween LPs EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:43 am

2017 Halloween Special #2-2 - Attack on Easter

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Halloween LPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween LPs   Halloween LPs EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:44 am

(Halloween Special 2017)

Wait, what? I thought I crashed this party last year!

Well friends, as it turns out, this is a rom hack called Monster Party: Let's Go Again. 

It was released by a dedicated group of friends called The Monster Party Overhaul Project as late as 2014 and updated again in 2015. 

The deal about the project is that they were inspired by people working to recreate the beta elements of Monster Party and wanted to make their own adjustments to the game. However, somewhere along the line, they wound up making a full-blown semi-sequel rom hack called Let's Go Again... and that's where we come in.

The interesting thing about this hack is that not only is it different enough from the source material to justify a spot in the 2017 Halloween-a-thon (because why would I play the same game I went through last year?), but also because the guys who worked on this knew what they were doing.

I personally love Monster Party and while playing the original is good and all... they're not calling it an overhaul project for nothing, folks. Just wait and see in...

Chapter #1 - Mega Monster Mash

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Halloween LPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween LPs   Halloween LPs EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:45 am

So far, this Halloween has consisted of two RPG Maker games and a rehaul rom hack of a game I already played. I couldn't ask for much else, to be honest.

(Halloween Special 2017)

Chapter #2 - Roundabout Nightmare (Finale)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Halloween LPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween LPs   Halloween LPs EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:48 am

Halloween LPs Splatterhouse_Wanpaku_Graffiti

[No actual title theme... huh.]

The final entry in the 2017 Halloween-a-thon is a cute little game that goes by the name of Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti.

Unlike the last three games I've covered, Wanpaku Graffiti is the oldest (released on July 31st, 1989) and was actually sold in stores... albeit only in Japan. It's supposed to be a super-deformed (aka. "chibified") spinoff of the otherwise gruesome Splatterhouse series made by Namco - it's arguably the lightest entry in the series with more of an emphasis on comedy than horror.

The name stands for "Naughty Graffiti" in Japanese, although in a more light-hearted context like "oh that naughty kid". (I also have Derek Alexander to thank for this knowledge because he has his own video on this game, check it out. In fact it was due to him that I actually found out about the series in the first place.)

Now, I've never had a hands-on experience with a Splatterhouse game but I still love the series to death. The second game on the Sega Genesis has some of my favorite music to come out of the entire console, for one. 

I have to admit I was more used to Monster Party before getting into Wanpaku Graffiti (if two games worth of experience with that one is any indication), but I still picked it because it seemed like a fun and short game to go through.

Let's paint the walls... red?

Chapter #1 - Be Garbage of Cesspool

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Halloween LPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween LPs   Halloween LPs EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:51 am

This is the end of the 2017 Halloween-a-thon, guys. I did have one more game planned, but the end of October came faster than I expected... also fatigue might have been setting in because wow four games for Halloween. I spoiled you guys rotten.  :3

I'll save the rest of my thoughts when we reach the end of this.

Chapter #2 - The Hell House (Finale)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Galaxite Omega
Fusion Master
Fusion Master
Galaxite Omega

Halloween LPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween LPs   Halloween LPs EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 8:49 pm

Halloween LPs PAnw8mq
["It's a Me, Mario" but ear-blastingly loud]

Jesus, way to kill my ears there. Anyway, wow we're finally testing out Nintendo 64 emulation! We sure have evolved quite a bit since the Pokemon Snakewood days where anything but GBA emulation was a pipe dream.

I downloaded this Super Mario 64 ROM from a guy called Frike The Dragon. (I couldn't find a reliable place to get a copy after emuparadise got hit, but this guy had my back.)

Me and Mario 64 have always had a fascinating relationship because while it wasn't necessarily part of my childhood (I got it much later than Ocarina of Time or Megaman Legends/64), I remember playing it at my sister's grandparents' house. It's not Maui Mallard levels of nostalgia, but whatever.

I know what you're thinking - Dan, why are you starting up yet another let's play when you still have Sailor Moon: Another Story and Pokemon Emerald to do? Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Let's get this party started in...

Chapter #¢ - Special For You (Úóþþýå÷÷ü²Áâ÷ñûóþ² ¢£ª)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halloween LPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween LPs   Halloween LPs Empty

Back to top Go down

Halloween LPs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TrsRockin Sex Party :: Let's Play Archive :: Dan's Completed Let's Plays-
Jump to: