TrsRockin Sex Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrsRockin Sex Party

Hallelujah, Yuku is dead.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How To Restore A Forum Style In Less Than 20 Minutes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AntipathicZora
Her Imperious Condescension
AntipathicZora

How To Restore A Forum Style In Less Than 20 Minutes Empty
PostSubject: How To Restore A Forum Style In Less Than 20 Minutes   How To Restore A Forum Style In Less Than 20 Minutes EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:24 am

Maybe not less than 20 minutes.

Okay so. A little project Dan and I have going on right now is bringing back the FI Black 3D Blue style from the Forumer days. He's managed to track down the stylesheet, and he tried to implement it on the yuku boards, but that shit won't let you edit anything. in fact that's a good part of the reason we're here. As you can see, we've got a facsimile up using the simple tools we were given. Good, but not The Best.

I was able to get the stylesheet from the style we want, but when I tried to import it directly, things went... badly. The forum broke. And I think I know why. Upon looking at the stylesheet for this forum, this one right here, I immediately noticed a huge difference. Namely, that this forum's stylesheet is about 6-7 times longer than the one for FI Black 3D Blue. When I used the straight up stylesheet from that, the forum has so many more CSS pointers that it didn't know what to do with itself. That's a problem.

However.

This is fixable.

I'm going to be using this thread to document my progress in adapting FI Black 3D Blue for use on this forum.
Back to top Go down
http://antipathiczora.tumblr.com/
AntipathicZora
AntipathicZora

How To Restore A Forum Style In Less Than 20 Minutes Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Restore A Forum Style In Less Than 20 Minutes   How To Restore A Forum Style In Less Than 20 Minutes EmptyTue May 17, 2016 11:00 am

Update 1: I hate everything about trying to find free software tbh. A little background for you is that I started learning HTML and CSS on Adobe Dreamweaver like a spoiled brat and now I don't actually know how to read code and tell how it's going to look just from that. I dunno how some people do it. My old computer used to have it, but that died 3 years ago and this is the first use I've had for it since.

Only problem is I don't know what's good when it comes to free HTML software, or what's going to come bundled with malware or what have you and I'm paranoid as fuck. Like with drawing and picture editing software you generally know what to go for. If you like Photoshop, you look for GIMP, if you use Paint you're 12 and if you're a shitty hipster Tumblr artist you go get Paint Tool SAI. Not the same with website editing.

Will update when I find something.
Back to top Go down
http://antipathiczora.tumblr.com/

How To Restore A Forum Style In Less Than 20 Minutes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TrsRockin Sex Party :: The Batcave :: Romhacking Archive-
Jump to: